Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday

    Oh Thursday, I love ya but you still aren't no Friday!  I'm ready for the weekend, in case you can't tell!  I have a whole country I need to explore!  I feel like I'm just going through the motions to get to the weekend.  So, I tried to spice it up a bit! 

    I did a little retail therapy after work and ended up adding to my hair accessory collection and buying some eyeshadow from a place called Tony Molly.  I can't buy clothes or shoes here because, of the size difference. So, I accessory shop!  Korea has a ton of little shops and street vendors that sell accessories!  Korea  loves hair accessories, and I'm even starting to develop quite a little collection myself. 

    I then decided, to pick up dinner and try something new!  I ended up getting takeout from a new restaurant I found near the University called 1900.  I ordered the Omrice (basically an omelet like egg wrapped around rice) with a Pork Cutlet on top and it came with a side of Kimchi.  I actually liked their Kimchi (fermented, pickled cabbage)!  Who knew!  The Pork Cutlet was good and so was the Omrice until, I found the Shrimp inside.  I don't do seafood!  I can't handle the smell, maybe it's because I'm an Okie.  Overall though, it wasn't bad especially for the price 4,500 won ($4.50 U.S.)  It just pays to be aware of what your ordering.  That can be hard to do sometimes with the language barrier.  It usually takes quite a bit of effort to order if the menu isn't in English.   It normally involves some miming and pointing at pictures, and possibly making animal sounds!  You just learn to go with it, and not worry what people might think about the crazy foreigner.

    Then, this evening something Exciting happened!  One of my besties learned how to Skype from her I-phone!  WooWhooo!  It was great to get to see her and I really enjoyed our chat!  We hadn't really got to talk in awhile.  It was great to chat with ya A! : )  We will have to do it again sometime, very soon!

Happy Thursday Y'all! : )


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment