Monday, May 23, 2011

The "Monday Sick!"

Today, was kind of a dreary rainy day here in Korea.  It was yet again Monday, and it seemed like everybody was tired from the weekend.  I ran into my boss in the hallway and asked him how he was today and he replied by saying he had the "Monday sick."  "Monday sick?" I replied.  He then explained that it was a popular saying in Korea for when you weren't to excited about Monday or you are just dreading going back to work after a busy weekend.  Later on in the day I asked another co-worker about this saying, she confirmed the meaning and then said "yeah, Monday sick.  You don't use this saying?"  I said, "no, the only thing we say is da*% it's Monday or maybe in a rare instance you could say you have the "Monday blues."  She was shocked, and said they use this saying all of the time.  So, I hope you all have a Great Monday and don't catch a case of the "Monday Sick!"  Or better yet, call your boss next Monday and tell him you can't come in because you have a case of the "Monday Sick!" 

XOXO, Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment