Sunday, May 29, 2011

Paris Baguette

Paris Baguette is Huge in Korea!  Koreans Love them!  There is one on almost every corner!  In fact, in the area where I work there are two Paris Baguettes within blocks of each other!  Paris Baguette is a French bakery with a Korean twist.  At first sight it appears to be a French bakery filled with delicious breads and pastries but, upon closer inspection you begin to realize that everything has been "Koreanized."  In the beginning I steered clear of these little bakeries but, as the months went on I began to explore their food more and more.  I have found some foods that I like and some that aren't so great.  One of my favorites is the chicken wrap.  Its similar to a chicken wrap that you would find in the States and makes a great and easy lunch.  Every Paris Baguette is a little different in their own way.  The last one I stopped at had peas on their pizza bread along with corn.  Peas being out of the norm here on pizza bread (corn is very common on pizza here).  The one thing that I continue to steer clear of is the garlic bread!  I have been warned that Koreans love to put sugar on their garlic bread!  Yuk!!  So, here are some of the crazy concoctions that I have discovered in these little neighborhood bakeries.  

These little creations sit right out on the counter all day long.

Imagine a dinner roll with a semi-sweet cream and a choco (chocolate) paste in the middle.

The title explains it all!
* Side Note: 1,000 won is similar to a U.S. dollar.*

No comments:

Post a Comment