Friday, July 8, 2011

Korean Beauty Part II

Skin Food

    Korea is loaded with little beauty shops.  One of the most popular is a place called Skin Food.  It's Konglish, I know!   So, out of curiosity I had to check this place out!  Its actually a pretty neat place, everything is made from natural ingredients or food that you would eat.  I have bought the occasional Korean face pack (or face mask as we call it) and other little beauty products here. 
    My latest find is a Black Sugar Mask.  Its basically a sugar scrub that you use once or twice a week.  So far, I really seem to like it and it has a nice smell!  I'm trying to improve my beauty routine but, I'm just not as diligent as a Korean woman when it comes to my skin care regimen!  This is part of the reason why they have such young and beautiful looking skin.
    I'll admit it, I'm lazy when it comes to skin care.  So, in an effort to step up my game I also bought Skin Food's Blackberry Eye Cream (they said it was featured in Korea's Allure magazine).  It's okay.  I have been using it for almost a month but, I haven't really seen much difference.  Not sure if I would buy it again.  I'm defiantly on the hunt for an awesome eye cream, that and any other miracle cream that can do wonders for my skin and skin tone!  I'll keep you posted as I explore Korean skin care products.  Korean's take skin care very serious and spend lots of money on their skin care products.  They also, try to avoid the sun!  Well, most of them avoid the sun.  My friend Bonnie is the exception she's the only Korean I know who actually wants to be tan! Lol!
    More to come on Korean Beauty this week!  I'm attempting to have Magic Straight done to my hair this weekend!  It's a long process (3-4 hours!) and you can not put your hair up or bend it in any way for a week afterward.  That means no ponytail holders, headbands, or hair clips!  I Love my hair clips so, this could get interesting especially in this humidity!


Happy Friday,

B


No comments:

Post a Comment